Friday, April 20, 2012

Thursday- Day of Caring, Luci & Ellie

On Thursday I participated in the United Way Day of Caring. My job allows employees to volunteer, and once they are completed with the job, they can have the remaining day off. That is a win-win for me!! I get to volunteer and give back to the community...and have the opportunity to pick Luci up a little bit early from school! One of my co-workers and I volunteered for the Fort Smith Public Schools and worked at the Parker Center for the day. We had a team there with us, and together our team accomplished putting together 300+ handbooks for the ABC pre-school program, assembling many binders for parent information, and organizing/cleaning their supply closet that they use to stuff back packs with school supplies for homeless or low-income students. We had a great day working together!

 After we were finished, I ran home for a bit and then picked Luci up from school. Her and I ran to the grocery store to grab some supplies for dinner, and then headed back home to meet Quinn and Ellie. Luci "baby-sat" Ellie while Quinn ran Brendon over for some golf lessons!!! While Luci was "baby-sitting", I put together enchiladas for our dinner, and then a pan of enchiladas for Quinn to take home!

Just doing a little grocery shopping!

Luci baby-sitting Ellie!
After Ellie left and Mitch got home from work (he has been working late this week because of the Parade of Homes), we ate a quick dinner and then headed over to Academy to get Luci a leotard for gymnastics!! Luci starts her first gymnastics lesson on Monday!!!

What is happening this weekend?
I work late tonight.
I work half a day tomorrow.
We will plant our new Red Bud tree and do various yard work.
Laundry, cleaning, ...and maybe some playing here and there!!

No comments:

Post a Comment