Monday, January 10, 2011

An Unexpected 3 Day Weekend

Our weekend started out with us traveling to Paris for the wedding of some dear family friends! We got to see our Texas fam just for a bit too, so that was a treat!!!

Saturday night I met up with my longtime friends from Paris and we went out on our Annual Girl's Night Out!! We always have a great time together! We usually see each other on a individual basis throughout the year, but we always try to get together at least once to all catch up together! I love hearing about what everyone is doing school wise, career wise, and family wise!! I love these ladies!

Sunday we went to church in Paris and then finished up on my Brockapoolza birthday celebrations!! I finally got to have my birthday dinner with my family!!! My mom cooked me a delicious meal and Nana baked a scrumptious strawberry cake! The rule of birthdays in my family is that the birthday girl/boy always gets to select the meal. I selected Ham, Fried Potatoes, Beans and Cornbread, and green beans!!! Not the healthiest meal in the world, but it was sure delicious!!!

Ready to go to church!

Loving on Daddy!

Playing in the tent with Nana!

Sunday afternoon we saw a rarity in this area: snow!! We didn't get much, but it was just enough that today was a snow day for us!! Since I work at a University, if classes are cancelled, I do not work either. Mitch's office generally closes if FSM Public Schools close. He had to go in for a bit today for a few things, but has spent the afternoon with Luci and I!! I just love unexpected snow days!!!

Yay for SNOW DAYS!!


We took Luci out just for a little bit...she was a little unsure!!! I honestly think she would have stayed out longer, but I was getting cold so we came back in!!









The thing with snow days are that once we get them, I get greedy!! Now I just want another!! Ha!!

No comments:

Post a Comment