Sunday, January 2, 2011

Brockapalooza!!!!

This year I didn't have a BirthDAY, I had a BirthWEEK thanks to some special friends and family!!!!

My actual birthday is December 31st, (yes, my birthday is a party every year!!) but my birthday celebrations started last Tuesday when my bestie Kerri made a yummy dinner and birthday cake for me!!! She is a seriously great cook!!! We had feta and bacon stuffed chicken breasts, asparagus, quinoa (a gluten-free grain similar to rice), and an amazing gluten and dairy free cake!! We were stuffed when we left!! Everything was so delicious!!!

My Yummy Cake!!

My attempt to blow out the candles! I am so terrible at it!

Play time!!!


On Wednesday, Mitch took us to a new Southwest Mexican restaurant in Fort Smith, Maravillas!! It was delish and the three of us had a fun time!!!

Momma and Luci!!



On Thursday night, we spent some time at Pro-Med because we couldn't get into Luci's pediatrician. She has been sick and just can't seem to get rid of it. She is on antibiotics right now. Not exactly birthday fun, but all a part of being a Mommy!!

On Friday, my mom came up to Fort Smith and took us out to eat lunch at Olive Garden!!



I had tons of phone calls, texts, and FB messages!! It was so nice of
everyone!! In the afternoon Mitch treated me to a Mani/Pedi and gave me this!!!

Later that night, we visited the Hoskyn's!!!

Saturday morning, Mimi and Nana came and picked up Luci and we met up with the Grounds crew for a getaway to Tulsa!! Mitch and I had planned to go for my birthday and they were planning on going for their anniversary, so we just combined the trips!!! We did some shopping, went to my all time favorite restaurant (THE CHEESECAKE FACTORY!!!!) and played the slots at the Hard Rock Casino where I picked up a Tulsa shot glass to add to my Hard Rock shot glass collection!!!




Quick story:
I started collecting the shot glasses on my first visit to a Hard Rock Cafe with my best friend Tasha when we were 16. It was in Nashville. Since then, every time I am in a city with a Hard Rock casino/cafe/hotel I make a point to stop by to pick up a glass. Lots of the glasses in my collection have come from friends that have visited them and picked them up for me!!! Mitch has even paid for a $40 cab ride on a business trip just to pick up an $8 shot glass for me!! I love collecting and I love that I have so many friends and family that pick them up for me!! The last one I got before Tulsa was from my cousin Jocie who picked me one up from Maui!!! So, if you are ever in an area with one, think of me!!!


My New Year's Tulsa glass!!!

I didn't win too much on the slots, but K did pretty good!! We rocked out on the Amazing Race slots...much to our husbands' embarrassment, we had quite the audience! After a little more shopping and lunch, we came home on Sunday!!!!

The celebrations are not quite over yet...due to my dad working long shifts and Luci's sickness, I haven't had my official celebration with my family!!!! We will do that in the coming weeks!!! Whoo hoo for Brockapalooza!!!! I am blessed and loved!!!

1 comment: