Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups uncooked quinoa
3 cups chicken or vegetable broth
4 ounces cream cheese (I used low fat)
1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried
1 tablespoon butter
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
5 cups thinly sliced or bite sized pieces assorted uncooked vegetables (I used cauliflower, broccoli, carrots, and bell peppers.)
3 tablespoons grated Romano or Parmesan cheese (I used pepperjack instead)
Directions:
Rinse quinoa thoroughly; drain. (The quinoa I buy is pre-rinsed.) Bring quinoa and broth to boil in a 2-quart saucepan; reduce heat. Cover and simmer 20-25 minutes or until broth is absorbed. While quinoa is cooking, melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook garlic in butter for about one minute, stirring frequently, until golden. (I steamed my veggies a little before I sauteed them). Stir in vegetables. Cook about 3-5 minutes, stirring frequently, until vegetables are crisp-tender. Stir cream cheese and basil into cooked quinoa. Toss vegetables with quinoa mixture and sprinkle with cheese.
Quinoa has lots of protein...and when put with the veggies, this was a pretty healthy, very yummy meal!!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment