Tuesday, January 10, 2012

My Beef Stew

I love soups, stews, and chili. It doesn't matter if it is 110 degrees in the summer, I will still eat soup. I love it. I even mentioned my love of soups in this blog post a while back. Again, I love it!

I have been working on perfecting my beef stew and I think I have it down to how we like it! Here it is...

Ingredients:

1 lb of lean beef stew meat
1 32 oz carton of beef broth
1 small can of tomato sauce
1/2 pkt of beefy onion soup mix
2 medium russet potatoes or 6 small red skin potatoes diced into one inch hunks (I used 2 red skin, 2 yukon gold, and 2 purple potatoes this time)
15-20 baby carrots cut into thirds (I love carrots)
1/2 - 3/4 cup of frozen green beans
1/2 cup of frozen corn
Handful or so of mushrooms (I am not a huge mushroom fan, but Mitch loves them!)
1/2 tsp of red pepper flakes
salt/pepper to taste

Combine in slow cooker...cook on low for 10+ hours until stew meat is nice and tender!!! I have seared my meat before I have put it in and I haven't. I can't really tell any difference.

Yum Yum!!! This makes enough for us to have dinner and a couple of lunches!!!

I know everyone has their own stew recipe, but we have found this is what we like!!

No comments:

Post a Comment