Monday, January 30, 2012

How Luci Got Her Name

Many people that have known me most of my life probably know how Luci got her name. People I have met recently or in the last 7 years may not know. Some people give their children family names, biblical names, friend names, or just names they simply like. We did none of that (Although Luci's middle name is just a name we both liked!). Luci was named after Lucille Ball. Luci's name is not short for Lucille. We just named her Luci.So, how did Luci get that name?

In December of 1993, my family moved in with my Nana and Nandad (he passed away shortly after we moved in) while our house was being built just down the road from them. Nana had an old tv in the back room that only got a handful of channels and I started watching it some. There was a show that came on called I Love Lucy...It was the first show I really ever watched that was in black and white (gasp!). I fell in love with it! I watched it all the time. From then on, I watched every episode, recorded episodes, bought the VHS tapes and later on DVD's. My family bought me all sorts of fun Lucy stuff for every occasion or simply just because. I dressed up as her on Favorite Character day at school, I wrote book reports about her, and eventually visited (twice!) the Lucy tribute museum in Universal Studios in Florida.

Lucy was such a fun part of my childhood/teenage years. It only made sense to carry on a little bit of that into my daughter. Mitch knows how much I love Lucy and was all for naming our daughter after Lucille Ball...not because he necessarily loved Lucille Ball himself, but he knew how much I loved her.

Why didn't I spell Luci like Lucy...well, I just simply like the "I"!

So, our dear, sweet daughter...she is simply named after my favorite red-headed comedian!!


Me with "Lucy" and "Desi" at Universal Studios... I believe this was taken in June/July 2000.

Me with "Lucy" at Universal Studios in July 2004.

One of my most prized Lucy possessions! It is a musical billboard!

Some of my pics!

Some of my memorabilia!

Oh I guess I didn't mention...Luci's playroom is the Lucy room at our house!!! :-)

I love Luci...and Lucy :-)))))

No comments:

Post a Comment