Friday, March 2, 2012

A Typical Day

I am constantly doing weekend recaps, but I never really talk about a everyday, average day. What does a typical Tuesday or Thursday look like for us?

5:50a- 1st alarm goes off.
6:30a- We finally get out of bed. Luci is usually still sleeping. Either one of us will get her a sippy of milk and set it next to her in our bed. Yes, our bed...because by that time she has tiptoed in...or we were too lazy to take her to her own bed the night before.
6:35a- I jump in the shower and Mitch either irons or grabs a bowl of cereal.
6:50a- I am working on getting ready, and we have woken Luci up. She is watching a Dora/Mickey/Max & Ruby and sipping on her milk. Mitch gets in the shower.
7:10a- I am finishing getting ready and getting Luci to go pee-pee, get her clothes on, brush teeth, and comb hair. Mitch is finishing up as well.
7:25a- Mitch is putting Luci's socks and shoes on while I grab a breakfast bar.
7:30a- We head out the door.
7:45a- We drop Luci off at daycare. Yes, Mitch and I both take her to daycare whether we car pool together or not. It is important to both of us to do so, but I understand that not everyone's work situation allows them to do it together. We just happen to be going in the same direction so it works out.
8:00a-8:03a- I run in the door to work!!...Mitch gets to work around that time as well!
5:00p- We leave work and go to pick up Luci.
5:30p- We arrive back at home. Luci gets a snack and then does her 2 "chores"...shoes put up in closet and socks in the hamper...if she has a jacket she is supposed to put that in her room as well.
5:45p- I start dinner.
6:15p- We eat dinner.
6:45p-7:45p- Clean up, play-time, watch a tv show..
7:45p- Bath time for Luci...then books or a Dora show...
8:00p-9:00p- Bedtime for Luci...this varies just depending on how sleepy she is.
9:00p-10:00p- Mitch and I clean up the kitchen or straighten the living room or just relax on the couch for a bit.
10:00p- We usually go to bed.

10:00p- 5:50a- Sleep.

Then rinse, and repeat.

Everyday doesn't necessarily run like this...some week nights we are busier than others...but this is usually a typical day.

No comments:

Post a Comment