I've been kind of in funk lately... I think partly the weather and partly because I have been so busy at work...whatever it is, I hope it passes quickly...
Luci is thriving!!! She just amazes me daily with everything that she is soaking up and learning!!! I love watching her and seeing all the new things that she is doing! The other night she brought me 4 lego blocks that she had stacked together...she never plays with blocks (at least at home) and I wasn't even aware she could do this!! Last week, I saw her hopping around and I was like when did she start learning to hop!?!!? I can't believe my baby girl will be 2 in a just a few months!! I am so excited for what year 2 holds...but yet so sad at the same time...oh, it is so true...time flies too fast.
I am really happy that Daylight Savings Time is here again!!! This means the Minnick's will be playing outside every day!! It is so hard for us in the winter time to play outside during the week because usually by the time we get home from work, it is basically dark. Luci loves playing outside so we can't wait!!
Our trip to D.C. is definitely underway! I have been booking all of our places that we are going to go see and trying to get our agenda together. We have requested a White House tour, but we won't know until a couple of weeks before hand if we get in...hopefully this pans out!! If anybody has been to D.C. and has suggestions on things to see/transportation around D.C., please let me know! This will be Luci's second time to fly so I hope she will do ok. Last time I was worried because I thought she would be scared/ears would hurt/she would cry, but she did great...slept almost the entire time on every flight. Now that she is older, I know she won't be willing to sleep and might get "ants in her pants" being in the same place for so long...suggestions from anyone who has flown with their 2 year old???
Potty Training Update: As of right now, we are pretty much where we have been. She goes in her diaper and then proceeds to either take it off or sit on the potty after the fact. She is showing all of the signs of being ready, but isn't really interested. We aren't really forcing the issue because I refuse to be the one being potty-trained. Mitch and I both work and we have a pretty busy life style...so when she is ready AND interested, we will go full force. Until then, we are just talking to her about it and offering her plenty of opportunity to sit on the potty.
Paci Update: Yes Luci still uses a paci and no I don't need any info on what age you think/heard is appropriate for a child to have a paci! Ha! Luci uses her paci at nap time, bed time, and in the car (if she needs it). We let her have it in church if she wants to take a nap. We are not really worried about her having it right now, but we will probably work on taking it away sometime this summer. I really would like for her to have it on the plane ride to D.C (just in case!)...I mean we can't afford to buy drinks for every passenger on the plane if she has a "2 year old moment"...so I figure the paci is the best option! So far, one thing I have definitely learned from being a parent is that every child is different and that is ok...Luci handed me her night bottle one night at 11 months old and never looked back...but her paci has proven to be her little "attachment"...and you know what...I am ok with that. She is away from us for 10 hours a day so if she needs her paci at naptime at daycare...I'm not worried about it. Hopefully, by the end of the summer she will be confident enough to be paci free!!
Sinus/TMJ Update: So far my sinuses seem better...The ENT and I will discuss at the end of the month if I want to go ahead and do the surgery. I am still unsure. I got a mouthpiece this week to wear at night to help my TMJ. Hopefully, it will help! I am ready to feel 100%!!!
Brockette,
ReplyDeleteAaron and I just went to DC. I don't know how this might work with Luci, but we purchased 7 day Metro passes to get around. They included the bus system, also. We loved it. It was about 50.00 a person. We didn't pay for any other transportation. The only negative thing about it is that you cannot get to the Jefferson Memorial using the Metro. Don't miss out on the museums. Luci will love them! Especially the Air and Space museum. It is REALLY REALLY kid-oriented. The Ford Theatre is really cool too! Another cool thing is the Arlington Cemetery, but it is a lot of walking to get to the Tomb of the Unknowns and JFK's tomb. Luci will definietly need a stroller.
I think that is all the information I can think of right now. If you have any questions, let me know. We LOVED the trip. Y'all will too!!