Sunday, May 12, 2013

Why Mother's Day is Just Another Day

Mother's Day is really just another day for me in the Minnick Household. Why? Because every day I am treated like a queen. That really is no exaggeration. I don't talk a great deal about our marriage on this blog...that is not its purpose...but today I will.

Mitch and Luci really did nothing different than they normally do...(well, I did get a few gifts...more on those in a bit)! Luci always showers me with hugs, kisses, and tons of "I Love You's"...more than I could ever ask for from a 4 year old!

This weekend Mitch has cleaned, washed, dried, folded, and hung up clothes. He has done the dishes, some cooking, a few household repairs. He walked the aisles in the grocery store for an hour with me while we bought our weekly groceries. He kept Luci out of my hair for a long bath and an extra long nap. He took me out to dinner... got up early and made me breakfast before I had to work on Saturday...drove me to work on Saturday and picked me up...sat with me (and entertained Luci) in Motherhood while I tried on clothes for an hour... He even sat and waited for 2 hours at the UPS store on Friday night so he could catch the delivery truck because they had messed up my Mother's Day delivery this week. These all sound like a special weekend for me...but really, it was no different than the norm. Oh yeah, did I mention that he has done this the last two years while going to school to get his Master's? (3 more classes!! Whoop Whoop) He is so good to me. He shows Luci every day the qualities that she should look for in a future husband. I think any guy she dates will have a hard time measuring up to her Daddy. Thank you Grammy for raising such a great guy...and teaching him how to be a great husband. I am so blessed to have him in my life.

Every night (generally before she even takes a bite) Luci tells me right off, "Mommy, you fixed a good supper." Why does she do this? She has heard her Daddy say that every night as we have sat around the table since she was born. Even if supper may have been a flop...he would never tell me. He appreciates my efforts...even when it may not taste the best! ha! He builds me up, supports me, takes care of our family, and is a Godly example.

There is no family that I would rather be Mommy too. These guys have made the job easy for me.



We went to Paris today to celebrate with my Mom, Nana, and my Sis with church and a great lunch. These women have all been great Mother's...and have all taught me a thing or two about being Mommy...even my Sis (I would never admit it! Ha!)




Me and my Mom!! One of the most self-less women I know! She is the truly the best!

We truly had a great weekend!!! Mitch, Luci, and Emmi bought me a few special treats...roses, cards, candy, new cast iron skillet, and an attachment for Emmi's stroller!! I love them so much!!

Happy Mother's Day to all of the special ladies out there...and Mommies to be!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Awwww... I love this!!!I have a husband who is very similar - does A LOT, and those things arent always things other husbands would do. I do not take it for granted and doesn't sound like you do either! :) Have a happy day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! That is so special to have such a good hubs! Hope you had a great Mother's Day!!!

    ReplyDelete