Thursday, October 4, 2012

New Recipe- Chicken Pasta with Avacado Sauce

So, I found a recipe on Pinterest that used an Avocado sauce as a replacement for Alfredo sauce...You get the good fats from the avocado and eliminate the heavy cream fats. I kind of adapted the recipe to make it our own and incorporated things we liked.

I made this to feed Mitch, myself, and Luci, and there were a little bit of leftovers, but if you were going to make this for a family of 4, you would definitely want to double the recipe.

Oh and side bar...this pasta dish ended up being right under 500 calories per serving!! Now, if I can just eat one serving!!! :-)

Ingredients:

1 3/4  cups of whole wheat pasta (I used penne)
2 cooked, boneless, skinless chicken breasts, shredded
1 avocado
1/4 cup of low-fat greek yogurt
2 tsp of olive oil
splash of milk
1/2 cup of fire roasted tomatoes (I used the canned variety since it incorporated peppers in it...but you could certainly roast your own)
salt and pepper to taste

Directions:

Cook and drain pasta.

Sauce- Scoop out avocado. Puree avocado, yogurt, oil, and milk. Add a little pasta water to get your desired consistency.

Toss sauce and tomatoes with the pasta.

Top with shredded chicken and a little shredded cheese!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment