Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Washington D.C - Final Day

Our final morning of our vacation was spent traveling. We flew from D.C. to Dallas and then from Dallas to Little Rock. Luci did exceptionally well on both plane rides. On the last plane ride, she was awake the entire time. She got a little restless so I opened by "bag of tricks". She colored for a little bit, watched a little Mickey Mouse Clubhouse on the DVD player, and ate a snack. She was great!!!

Checking out all of the sites from the plane!

Watching a movie on her DVD player!
Once we landed in Little Rock, we were deplaning and we got to the jet bridge, we noticed that our stroller was missing (it was gate checked), but the polka dot bag and sun shade that my mom had made for it was left laying in the floor. After briefly questioning some of the attendants working there, we figured out that this lady had taken our stroller.

Let me back up a bit...when we layed our stroller at the end of the jet bridge for it to be gate checked and were getting ready to board the plane, we noticed that there was an indentical stoller like ours already there. We weren't worried because our stroller had a specially made bag and sunshade that was attached to the stoller...so there were some big differences between the two.

Once we realized ours was missing, I ran walked very fast down to baggage claim where I saw a little girl sitting in our stroller. I spoke to the mom and told her that I believe she had our stroller. She argued with me for a bit. I questioned her about taking our bag off of the stroller. She then had the nerve to say, "you act like I stole it." Well, at that point, I was furious. She demanded to see my claim ticket. I then grabbed the stroller from her, planted Luci's behind in the stroller, shoved my claim ticket at her and walked off. In my opinion, she did steal it. She took two things off the stroller that were not hers and then took our stroller. She just kept raising her voice and getting agitated. Her stroller had not made it out on the jet bridge, so she just took it upon herself to remove our stuff and take our stroller. It was not a great way to end the trip. Oh well. Stroller returned. Case Closed.

We drove to Cracker Barrel to eat before we headed home where I had one of my absolute favorite desserts...Double Fudge Coca-Cola Cake. I could probably eat that every. single. day. It is some serious yum!

After that, we drove home!!!

It was such a fun, memorable trip! I know we will definitely go back when Luci is older and can appreciate what she is seeing and remember it!

To read about our other days in D.C. ...

Day One
Day Two
Day Three
Day Four

No comments:

Post a Comment