Monday, June 20, 2011

Father's Day Weekend 2011

Father's Day weekend was full, but relaxing. Saturday morning we drove to Paris fairly early because I had a hair appt. After my appt, Mom, Luci,and I hung out while my Dad and Mitch played a few holes of golf. Later that night my mom prepared hamburger steaks and gravy with all the "fixin's" and we had this
for dessert!! I bought a golf cookie cake in honor of the men in my life, Dad, Mitch, and my brother in law, Mark!! It was sooooooo good!!!

After dinner, we watched "The Dilemma" with Vince Vaughn and Kevin James. It was a pretty big let-down. They have had much better work than this.

Sunday we woke up and Mom made a big breakfast (I just love going home to eat!) and we all attended church where my Dad got "Father of the Year"!!! My mom got "Mother of the Year" on Mother's day so were glad when Dad was selected for Father's Day!!! A perfect match!!! Even though they got Mother/Father of the year, they are Mother/Father of forever for me!!! I am blessed to have such wonderful parents!!!

After church we came home to eat a big lunch that had lots of my favorite components...ham, fresh FRIED SQUASH, mac n cheese, pinto beans, rolls, and more cookie cake!!! Have I mentioned I love going home to eat?!?! After lunch, I'm pretty sure we all took afternoon naps!!!

For the 2 years that Mitch has been a Daddy, he has been the best! Luci is his little princess and she knows it too!! Mitch is always there every step of the way...waking up in the night with her, changing diapers, feeding meals and snacks, runnning her to and from school, singing, reading, and praying with her. Luci is blessed!!! We sure do love him!!!!


Luci gave him his Father's Day presents a little earlier in the week since we knew we wouldn't be home on actual Father's Day. Here is what she got him...

A notebook for his office!!

A pencil/pen holder for his desk!!!

Mitch will be celebrating Father's Day with his Dad next weekend...in St.Louis!!! His dad's favorite baseball team is the Cardinal's so Mitch, his Dad, and his brother are driving up to catch a game!!! I know they will have a blast!

I hope all of the Daddy's out there had a great Father's Day!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment