Friday night after work we came home and made breakfast for dinner. I love breakfast for dinner...and it had been a while since we had it. I will say however, that the preggo did not enjoy the smell of bacon in the house long after dinner had been over.
I won't tell you how much bacon I had...but let's just say it was a lot more than those 3 pieces on my plate in the pic. :-/
On Saturday, we made our weekly pilgrimage to Wal-Mart. Thankfully, we went pretty early so it wasn't too bad. After lunch, Luci and I both took lonnnnng naps. I cash in on those weekend naps whenever I can.
After nap time I started working on dinner for Kerri and Taylor. They came over to our house for dinner, and then we dropped Luci off with the Smith's, and then the four of us headed out to watch a movie. It had been a while since we had a date night! I tried a few new recipes this time. I made spaghetti and gluten free meatballs, green beans, and this new gluten free bread. The bread looked great...but the taste was neither over nor under whelming. I am going to tweak it a bit for the future. The meatballs however, were quite yum if I say so myself! K & T brought over one of my favorite appetizers... jalapenos stuffed with strawberry cream cheese and topped with crispy bacon!!!!! Yum Yum!!! They also brought over some gluten free cupcakes from a bakery that will remain nameless...but let's just say that they need to go back to the drawing board on gf cupcakes.
The new gf bread
Luci had an absolute blast playing at the Smith's!!! She has talked non-stop about when she gets to go over and play next. I am so lucky to have such great friends that are willing to keep my 3 year old occupied for a few hours!
On Sunday we got up early to attend the early morning worship service because Mitch and I had nursery duty. All morning while we were getting ready, Luci kept questioning us about this. We decided either she was really embarrassed to have her Mom and Dad as teachers or she really doubted our ability to handle a classroom full of children. Either way, there weren't a lot of kids there since it was the early service...and it went just fine. :-)
After church, we headed home and cashed in on more nap time!!! After naps, Luci and I went to grab some fro-yo while Daddy worked on some homework. After dinner, it was time for bath and then bed!
.jpg)
.jpg)

No comments:
Post a Comment