Thursday, May 26, 2011

A Letter to Luci- Happy 2nd Birthday

First we had each other, then we had YOU, now we have EVERYTHING!

Dear Luci,

I have been thinking for weeks what I would write you in this letter. Why you ask was I thinking about it so much? Because there is not an hour that goes by at work when my thoughts don't go to you. Momma hates it that she has to spend so much time away from you during the day, but I think it is good for both of us. You spend your time learning and playing with friends (and staying on a strict schedule) while Momma helps with the household fund and gets some adult interaction. The first year you were in daycare I was a crazy person. I went by to see you every single day. Not because I missed you, (don't get me wrong, I did) but because I was crazy worried about you. Not only have you grown since then, but so have I. I figured out that you are going to be ok! Everyone told me that it would get easier everyday once I went back to work. It didn't. It got harder and harder. Now, it seems easier to drop you off, but I think it is just because Momma is a little numb to it now. Momma still calls daycare to check on you when you don't feel good or when you had a bad morning, but I do not stop by during the day...unless it is for a party or program!

Luci, you have turned our world upside down! Everything we do is completely and totally involved around you. And you know what, we would not have it any other way. We love you so much.

There are a few things that Momma and Daddy want you to know at this point in your life...

1. We love you and have always wanted you.
2. Momma and Daddy love each other very much.
3. We want you to know how much Jesus loves you and how much he blesses our family daily.

It is such a pleasure watching you grow! What are you doing now you ask?

Saying lots of new words everyday and learning how to put those words together! Some new words you have used within the last week are "reach" and "microphone"! You love singing "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star", "Jesus Loves Me, and "Deep and Wide". You don't have all of the words down, but you can definitely hear all of the inflections in your voice! Everytime we get in the car, you DEMAND that I turn "Deep and Wide" on...and even though I am tired and want to relax with some of my music, I happily oblige and we sing all the way to and from daycare. I love our special little moments.

You are getting more picky with your food. For almost one week straight, I could not get you to eat anything for dinner besides a colby jack cheese stick, cottage cheese, and cucumbers and ranch! You still LOVE milk and it is always your first choice for drink! I can almost coax you to eat about anything as long as you can dip it in ranch dressing or ketchup! You love goldfish crackers and fruit snacks!

You play so well! Your favorite thing to play is "baby". You will do everything with your babies...feed them, rock them, put them to bed, and even put them in time out while you issue out a firm "no no!!"!!! It is so cute! You love to play outside! You love to read books! One of your favorite books is "Goodnight Moon". We read that to you almost every night! You almost have it memorized!

You are such a big helper and will always help Momma or Daddy when they ask you to. You are generally always happy and easy going; however, the tantrums and stubborness are rearing their ugly heads! The time-outs are becoming more frequent. Luci, you are just like me. You have a mind of your own and like things your way. You are like your Daddy too, though. You are easy going and can light up a room in an instant!

You weigh right around 25-26 lbs. You are wearing 24 months or 2T clothes. They are still a little baggy on you sometimes, but 18 month clothes are way too small! You are in size 4 diapers, and we are letting you wear pull-ups when you want to!

You LOVE LOVE LOVE to use the potty...although Momma is a little worried because most of the time you just want to sit on the potty so you can play with toilet paper and eventually flush! We are going to really move into "full-force" potty training this summer. I know you are almost there, we just want to give you a bit longer!

Luci, we can not begin to say how much we love you! We are so happy to be your Mommy and Daddy!!! Always know Jesus loves you and so do we! Happy Birthday Sis!


No comments:

Post a Comment