

We drove back to our hotel and met up with my great uncle who scored us great tickets to the game!!! We were behind home plate on the 21st row!!! My aunt and Nana watched Luci at the hotel while the rest of us went to the game. It was still sprinkling when we arrived, but it stopped just in time!! Coming from the girl, who doesn't know a foul from an error, I must admit that I had a blast at the game!!! The Rangers scored a home run right off and we had so much fun cheering them on! I think the best part for me was watching Mitch watch his favorite team and know that he was truly enjoying himself!!!


The next day, a few of us (not Luci) went to Six Flags in the lovely 100 degree heat. We made it until 4:00 and then we were pooped!! We had so much fun heat or not! We purchased "Flash Passes" which allowed us to not wait in the line. Let me tell, it was worth every penny!! We got to ride all the big coasters and water rides that we wanted and the most we waited was like 15 minutes!! I hadn't been to Six Flags since I was younger and Mitch had never been, and we had so much fun spending the day together!!!

On Sunday, we got up and checked out of the hotel and drove to Grapevine, Texas to do a little shopping and eat at the Rain Forest Cafe! Luci enjoyed looking at everything and was so fascinated she barely touched her food (which is unusual for my "good eater")!!! We shopped just for a bit and decided it was time to get on the road.

Mitch and I had so much fun this weekend, and what made it so special is that we got to spend time with our Texas family!!!

Just a side note: We were planning a trip to Myrtle Beach next year for our family vacation, but after the 6 hour trip to Arlington, Luci has decided for us that the 13 hour drive to Myrtle Beach is not possible...so unless we decide to fly, it will be Branson for us next year!!!!...I knew there was a reason we decided to fly to Orlando this year!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment