Sunday, January 5, 2014

Emmi Reese- 4 Months

I am interrupting the series of Christmas posts to back track and catch up on Emmi! I make no apologies for my slacking in blogging...an infant, 4 year old, full-time job, and full-time wife are taking up all of my time these days! :-)

Emmi turned 4 months old on December 30th...and to properly commemorate that day, she had her 4 month immunizations. ;-( Emmi's appointment went great. She is right on schedule for everything. She cried just for a bit with her shots...and never really fussed in the days following. I couldn't have asked for it to have gone better.

Since she is a constant spitter...more like projectile spitter...Dr. W. suggested we try thickening some of her bottles with some rice cereal. It seems to have helped a little. We have also started feeding her out of a spoon with rice cereal at dinner. She is not really interested at all. We will wait until she is closer to 6 months before we start baby food...I figure it will take that long before she is even semi interested! lol!

4 Month Stats:
13 lbs 6 oz - 50th percentile
24 1/4 inches- 50th percentile
Moved to a size 2 diaper
Moved to mostly 3-6 month clothing

She loves to be held and cuddled. It is probably a good thing that I went back to work. I think I would just hold and cuddle her all day if I didn't!

Emmi rolled over a few times from back to front...but did it in the night in her crib...so we never saw it. We just heard her crying, went in, and found her on her tummy. She has yet to perform for us when we are watching. Little toot.

She is smiling all the time and laughing out loud. It is so stinkin' cute!!!

Most of the time Luci can calm her for a bit if she just starts talking to her when she is crying.

Emmi will go from 0 to 60 in 2 seconds when she is hungry. There is no middle ground with her. She is either hungry...or she's not.

She went on her first overnight vacation this month. We went and stayed in a hotel in Broken Arrow for 2 nights during the holidays and then we went and stayed for 3 nights in the condo at Branson. She did exceptionally well. She slept in her Rock n Play in the hotel and Pack in Play in the condo. She was not a huge fan of the PnP.

She got her first true cold this month. Lots of coughing and a little stuffy. My mom kept her for a few days and Mitch and I took turns staying with her too. It probably wasn't completely necessary to keep her home from daycare...but I just wanted to make sure that she 100% of the attention! :-)

Here are some pics from this month!












No comments:

Post a Comment