I met Kerri back in October of 2007. I was working as a Part-Time Assistant in the Student Activities Office, and she was hired as the Leadership Development Coordinator. I immediately didn't like her. She seemed snotty. She rarely came out to chat with the rest of us. Little did I know, she was actually working!!! Haha!! We still laugh about that!
Kerri and I have been through a lot together over the last 5 years...job changes, baby, divorce, relationships, dates, marriage, new houses, celiac, surgeries, Branson trips, dinners, dogs, tears, laughter...and lunches.
I will miss the lunches the most.
I'm pretty sure we have logged at least 1,000 lunches over the last 5 years. Taylor and Mitch are just lucky if we occasionally let them join us.
Taylor is lucky he fit in so well. There were many interviews and tests before he was allowed in to our secret club. I kid I kid. ;-)
Kerri has amazing opportunities right in front of her. Mitch and I are sooo happy for her and Taylor. I know she will do great things. I know she will be successful. I know she will be happier than she has ever been. I know her and Taylor will adjust and be happy in their new home.
But I will miss my friend.
Mitch will miss the woman who keeps his wife sane. Luci will miss her Kerweee. I will miss my friend.
I'm glad she is not going more than 3 hours away...or I might have to let the air out of her fancy, new tires.
:-)
Not saying the B word...So, see ya soon!
There are reasons some friendships are called Best.

No comments:
Post a Comment