Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Typical Tuesdays

Nothing particularly special about today...just a typical Tuesday. Mitch and I went to work, Luci went to school, I went to lunch with Kerri, & then we came home. I started dinner while Mitch went to Wal-Mart to pick up a few things. I just threw together a whole wheat pasta dish with broccoli and tomatoes...& then put a quick Diet Coke cake in the oven. While it cooled, we went outside and took a walk around the block...and then did my favorite thing ever-pull weeds. Ha! We stayed outside until the sun went down and then got Luci in the bath. After her bath we ate a quick snack, read books, and then got her in bed. Nothing special about today...just a typical Tuesday.

However, 11 years ago, this day was nothing but typical. I was sitting in my math class when we got word that our nation was under attack. We flipped on the tv in time to see the first tower fall. I remember being scared, but mostly confused. I just couldn't understand...my mind just couldn't comprehend what was happening. Little did I know at that time how that particular day would shape every day in the life of our country thereafter.

As a parent, I long...hope...pray that Luci's life is filled with Typical Tuesdays. I pray that she never has to experience an absolute nightmare that our country experienced on 9/11 in her lifetime.

I don't know a lot of things...and there are so many unknowns in our country and for the future of our country. There are fears, confusion, & an uneasy spirit a lot of the time. But...there are some things I do know... I can lay my head on my pillow and rest with a peace because I know who holds my tomorrow. I know who holds the tomorrow of my family. I know who holds the tomorrow of our country. I know we have some of the greatest men and women laying down their lives everyday for our country. I hope in this political season that we all remember the phrase coined 11 years ago..."United We Stand; Divided We Fall."

I pray that we have a long life full of many, many moreTypical Tuesdays.

No comments:

Post a Comment