Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Brace Face

I started some correction on my teeth yesterday (I started the process a while back, but had to get new trays). I will be wearing trays (similar to Invisilign) for the next 6-8 weeks or so. This really started out as a vanity thing (I really wasn't happy with the way my teeth were looking) and I decided to look into some correction (I have never had braces). Well, one thing led to another, and my dentist thinks that this actually may help some of my TMJ problems...and if I didn't correct the way my teeth were turning now, it would get worse later.

He said regular braces would probably be over-kill at this point, so we decided on trays.

For 2 weeks, I am wearing a really thick, clear tray that will move my teeth. After 2 weeks, I will get a thinner, clear tray that will help lock them in place. Hopefully, I will only have to wear it  full-time for 4 weeks. I am supposed to wear it 22 out of 24 hours a day. I take it out to eat and to drink anything other than water. I have also been taking it out for work meetings the last two days...just because I "lisp" so bad. Hopefully, that will start getting better over the next few days.

I am talking realllly funny right now...and am in pain...but it really isn't too noticeable...and isn't long term (although, I will need to wear the second tray at night for probably forever).

I am excited to see the end results!!!!...and am REALLY excited if it will help some of my TMJ probs.

My first tray.

See, you can barely tell I have it in. Now when you hear me talk, that is a different story!!!

3 comments:

  1. I wore those for a while before I got the real braces back in college...remember that! haha and I had a horrible lisp! It gets better! And I still wear my trays at night!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope so! I sound terrible! lol! I guess I shouldnt' complain...I am not having to wear them for very long!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have thought about getting invisalign...let me know what you think! :)

    ReplyDelete