Thursday, February 16, 2012

Potty Training Update

Well, I think I can officially say it.

Luci is fully potty trained.

I know this entire post is going to seem kind of dramatic...and I don't mean it to, but Luci being potty trained is kind of surreal. Not that I didn't think it would happen or that I thought she would never train...it's just that her entire life up to this point has been with her being in diapers. It is still so new to us...and it was the last thing I had "left" of her being a baby.

Nope, no baby in our house anymore. A full-blown toddler.

I totally do not want to jinx myself, but this kid hasn't had an accident in weeks. She had an accident at school a few weeks ago...but I really don't count it as an accident. She had some tummy trouble and was on the playground...and just couldn't make it to the potty...and we are talking major tummy trouble. I can't fault her for that. Other than that, she hasn't had once since.

We are still putting pull-ups on her at night simply because I have a package left. She has been completely dry at night. I know that she will have accidents. I get that...I just can't believe how she went from one day in diapers to the next being potty trained. I have no secrets...no tricks...I just think she was mentally and physically ready. Bottom line. No pun intended. :-)

Bye bye bottle, May 2010.
 
Bye bye paci, September 2011.
 
Bye bye diapers, January 2012.
 
*Sniffle, sniffle.

No comments:

Post a Comment