Friday: The three of us went to La Fiesta for dinner and then braved the Pre-Thanksgiving traffic at Wal-Mart for a little grocery shopping...ugh. After that, Mitch and I cleaned up the house a bit and I made a Reeses's Peanut Buttercup dessert in preparation for our Saturday guests, Mitch's parents!!!
Saturday: Luci woke us up crying at 5:30 am...she has been chewing on her paci and drooling a bit so we contributed our early wake-up call to teething...especially since she was pretty much inconsolable for about 30 minutes until the tylenol kicked in. So needless to say, we were up REALLY early! Mitch's parents arrived right around noon and I had enchiladas ready for us to eat. After lunch, his mom, Luci, and myself headed to Holiday Market for shopping while Mitch and his Dad stayed back to put together Luci's kitchen so it would be out of the way for Christmas. We spent about 2 1/2 hours at Holiday Market and I picked up some great finds, including this...
I've been wanting one of these forever! I just have to get it framed now!
After we finished shopping, we met up with the guys at the mall to take Luci to see Santa. I didn't have high hopes for her liking Santa since she is pretty suspicious of anyone that she doesn't see on a regular basis...and she didn't prove me wrong! We barely sat her down in his lap and she let out the biggest screaming cry I've heard in a while (such a dramatic diva! no clue where she gets that from!!). We immediately scooped her up and we talked to Santa from a distance. She was OK with that, but refused to give him a "high five", but did blow a kiss. Apparently, in the 5 seconds she was in his lap the camera crew snapped two shots of her screaming and proceeded to try to sell them to us. I was like no thanks, we can see that for free at home! Ha! Oh well, maybe next year she may like him better!! I sure wished she would have given us the same shot she did last year...

After Luci's "near death experience", we made it back to the house for a while and then went out to dinner. After dinner, we said goodbye to Mitch's folks and then headed for bed! We had such a great Saturday with them and had lots of good laughs!!!
Sunday: Mitch was having some tummy trouble in the morning so we didn't make it to church, but he started feeling better as the afternoon went. We ran a few shopping errands and then spent the afternoon playing with Luci, watching a movie, and relaxing!!!
Here are some pics of our girl from this weekend!!
No comments:
Post a Comment